BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Petersi
Calcite | Level 5
For Pie and Donut charts, when using the DETAIL=variable option, is there a way to modify the height of the text that is printed on the inner circle slices? I have one detail slice that is too narrow for the detail variable value, and it is being forced out of the pie chart with an arrow. I'd like to decrease the font size and keep the value inside the pie.

There seems to be options to modify the text for the label in the Donut hole, but I can't find anything that will allow me to modify the detail text.
3 REPLIES 3
Petersi
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Bill! I've been reading Stephen Few's book Information Dashboard Design, and I am now fully converted to the view that pie charts are limited in their usefulness. Unfortunately it is proving difficult to convince clients of this.
Bill
Quartz | Level 8
Peter;

The most convincing method is to show the pie and then ask data questions. Then show the other (for different data so they can't rememember the answers) and note the change in understanding, response time etc.
I've sometimes shown pie charts without any values attached along side the comparable bar chart and asked for responses to data questions.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation