BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JDonovan
Calcite | Level 5

I am using EG 7.1. I have several projects that automatically generate and write out reports to multiple locations. Our IT department would like to pick these files up and place them on a reporting portal for providers to pick them up. IT would like us to embed metadata on the Excel File. This metadata would include file name, report name, category, etc. Is there a way to do this within a ODS output statement? 

Thanks so much.

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
Where are you trying to place this metadata? What form are you expecting?

From an IT perspective, they may want the information in the Excel file in properties or they may want that information in a sheet to pull to populate a standard metadata template. ‘Metadata’ in this context is ambiguous.
JDonovan
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you for the response Reeza.

I am trying to load the information into the properties of the Excel file. The file will be written to a shared drive. Sorry about the ambiguous terminology. This is the only way it has been expressed to me. If there is a better verbiage I can use, please let me know.

Reeza
Super User
Assuming you’re using ODS EXCEL category, keyword, comment, and status are available. File name is assumed, not sure how you’d have the report name specified. That should be enough to get you started. You need SAS 9.4 TS1M3+ for this to work.

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=odsug&docsetTarget=p09n5pw9ol0897n1qe04zeur27rv.htm&docsetVe...

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation