BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FrankE
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi guys,

I'm creating a report with the ExcelXP tagset and it seems the cellheight statement is being ignored. In my example bellow I create 2 rows via the line statement, 1 with inline formatting to change the font and cell height and the other with no formatting at all. The issue is that "test line 2" does get the modified font but the modified cell height is not honored for some reason. Any help would be appreciated.

PS- I've also tried modifying the template with a proc template statement and I get the same thing... I can change font face, size, etc but cellheight won't change.

data test;
input @001 policy_number $10.
@011 name $10.;
cards;
1111111111Person1
2222222222Person2
3333333333Person3
;
run;

ods escapechar='^';
ods tagsets.ExcelXP path="c:\temp\" file="temp.xls";

proc report data=test nowindows;
column policy_number name;
define policy_number / order "Policy Number";
define name / "Name";

compute before policy_number;
line 'test line 1';
line "^S={font_face=Federation CELLHEIGHT=10pt} test line 2";
endcomp;
run;

ods _all_ close;
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Look at the suboptions available in TAGSETS.EXCELXP for controlling row heights, specifically mentioned in these previous forum postings for a variety of different scenarios:
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=37260醌
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=42955Ɤ
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14286㟎

To reveal the documentation on suboptions, use this along with your other suboptions:
[pre]
ods tagsets.ExcelXP path="c:\temp\" file="temp.xls"
options(doc='Help');
[/pre]

cynthia
FrankE
Fluorite | Level 6
Yep I saw those posts and from what I gather.. it just doesn't work?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Not at all. I can make the row height adjust in Excel -- just not with the CELLHEIGHT style attribute. There are internal controls in the EXCELXP suboptions -- namely the ROW_HEIGHTS suboptions and the AUTOFIT_HEIGHTS suboption. You will have to experiment with them to see which will give you the results that you want.

Sometimes you have to use a style template change to impact the output from TAGSETS.EXCELXP, but if you find that ROW_HEIGHTS and AUTOFIT_HEIGHTS suboptions don't work for you, you might want to open a track with Tech Support.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation