BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Abud
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everybody!!

I'm using sas enterprise guide and trying to do a simple ods with proc gchart, but,

the message below is bothering me.

"ERROR: There is no currently selected printer driver.  Use

Print Setup to select an installed printer driver."

How can I eliminate this message ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: As the note indicated -- those options either go into your configuration file (generally put together by your SAS Administrator) or they are invocation options, such as when you make an icon for SAS on windows and specify the invocation options on the icon. That is why I said you should contact your SAS Administrator for more help.

I did not realize that printer path would also work. Since you specified Postscript, that meant ODS PDF was not going out to try to find a physical printer. I still think you should work with your SAS Admin to change the options in your config file.

cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

If you enter the text of your note into the search facility at support.sas.com, this Tech Support note is the first "hit":

http://support.sas.com/kb/3/361.html

Since Enterprise Guide programs are submitted in batch mode and since you might be using SAS/Connect and/or using PS or PDF destinations, this note seems particularly relevant. You may need to check with your SAS Administrator to be sure that the universal print settings are in effect on the SAS server that is used by EG. Since the command needs to specified at invocation time or in the SAS configuration file, you may not have authorization to change settings in those files. Or, you could have your SAS Administrator work with Tech Support on this issue. Of particular interest related to this note is this section in the doc on SAS Universal Printing, called "Printing with SAS":

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrcon/62955/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a002261792.htm

If you are, in fact, trying to create PDF output with your graphics, you might want to try creating HTML output instead to see whether that works. Just a suggestion, since it may take a bit to get your SAS Administrator on the same wavelength about the need for the server changes.

cynthia

Abud
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, Cynthia !

I found the link before sent my doubt, I just don't understand. How can I use these options ?

-uprintmenuswitch

-universalprint

To solve the problem I put  " options printerpath="Postscript";

tk's in advanced!!

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: As the note indicated -- those options either go into your configuration file (generally put together by your SAS Administrator) or they are invocation options, such as when you make an icon for SAS on windows and specify the invocation options on the icon. That is why I said you should contact your SAS Administrator for more help.

I did not realize that printer path would also work. Since you specified Postscript, that meant ODS PDF was not going out to try to find a physical printer. I still think you should work with your SAS Admin to change the options in your config file.

cynthia

Abud
Calcite | Level 5

Ok! Cynthia, I'm gonna do that!

Tk's  again !

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation