BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
A_L_COOK
Calcite | Level 5

Hi forum,

Any ideas?

I'm trying to open an xml document created by my SAS program with excel and it has different sheets.

However, when attempting to open it, I get an error:

Problems during load

Problems came up in the following areas during load:

Table

This file cannot be opened because of errors.  Errors are located in: C:\Documents and settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\xxxxxxxx.log.

I know there is data present as the work SAS data sets show this, but I cannot open the destination xml.

I'm on Excel 2007 and SAS 9.1.3.

THANKS

Andrea.

3 REPLIES 3
A_L_COOK
Calcite | Level 5

Cause: string was being handled as an integer in XML.

Manually converted and works.

ew
Calcite | Level 5 ew
Calcite | Level 5

Hi! can you explain it a little more?  thanks for your help!

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

glad you have your solution.

When I got those messages often it was because my style definitions were wrong.

Annoyingly, navigating to the CONTENT.MSO folder was difficult because of "hidden" folders. Pasting the path  to the log file shown in the error message revealed just how many of these errors I make Smiley Wink

peterC

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation