BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
J_C
Calcite | Level 5 J_C
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am currently using ods excelxp to create an excel workbook, but I only want footnotes on the sheets where I actually define footnotes. below is an example of two sheets.

ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP

OPTIONS ( Orientation = 'portrait'

FitToPage = 'yes'

sheet_interval = 'none'

sheet_name = 'Sheet X'

Embedded_Titles = 'yes' Embedded_Footnotes = 'yes'

autofit_height = 'yes'

Absolute_Column_Width = '12,15,9,9,9,9'

);

ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP

OPTIONS ( Orientation = 'portrait'

FitToPage = 'yes'

sheet_interval = 'none'

sheet_name = 'Sheet Y'

Embedded_Titles = 'yes'

Embedded_Footnotes = 'off'

autofit_height = 'yes'

Absolute_Column_Width = '10,10,30,5,9,9,9,9,9,9'

);

In Sheet X, I define footnotes 1-7. In Sheet Y, i don't define any footnotes yet they still appear when I try to print may workbook in Excel. I turned off the embedded_footnotes option but it doesn't seem to work.

It doesn't bother me that much, but when I open Excel, it gives me an error "Problems During Load" and when I follow the directory to see the warning, it tells me:

XML Spreadsheet Warning in Worksheet Setting

REASON: String too long

ACTION: Truncating string

FILE: XXX

GROUP: PageSetup

TAG: Footer

ATTRIB: Data

VALUE: YYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Therefore, I think the warning is caused by footnotes and that is why I am trying to remove footnotes when unnecessary.

This code has been working fine for months, only now do I get the "Problem During Load" warning.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

In SAS titles and footnotes persist until you reassign or clear them explicitly.

You can clear them via:

title;

footnote;

Regarding the embedded_footnotes - check if you have the latest version of the tagsets.

J_C
Calcite | Level 5 J_C
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, I will clear them explicitly.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation