BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASGeek
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello all,

Thanks to you, I "almost" have my answer for emailing embedded results. But I have two questions on formats:

1. How do I get rid of the box around the title? This shows up in the e-mail but not the actual HTML output.

2. General PROC REPORT question (but this in particular) -- how do I automatically create the proc report outputs so it looks like below (with the same alignment) but doesn't have the extra width AND doesn't wrap titles? See screen shot below.

Thank you. All ya'all are the best!

Paula

SAS_REPORT_EXAMPLE.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

You may have to show the entire code for how you are generating that email. There are enough things interacting, possibly including your email program settings that some details may be needed. Include which ODS style is default for your SAS session or specified at the time the email is created.

You can control the width of the columns in proc report by providing style cellwidth setting. But I don't believe there is any "automagic" option that will shrink them to exactly what a column heading on one line needs. Cellpadding option may come into that as well as it sets a minimum amount of space around text so that it doesn't run into the lines.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

You may have to show the entire code for how you are generating that email. There are enough things interacting, possibly including your email program settings that some details may be needed. Include which ODS style is default for your SAS session or specified at the time the email is created.

You can control the width of the columns in proc report by providing style cellwidth setting. But I don't believe there is any "automagic" option that will shrink them to exactly what a column heading on one line needs. Cellpadding option may come into that as well as it sets a minimum amount of space around text so that it doesn't run into the lines.

SASGeek
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks - you were right -- I changed to HTML5 and the boxes were gone.

And thanks for confirming that there's no global column width settings.

Appreciate the help

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation