BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kuppusamy
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello all,

Im getting this error while running through the windows batch file(windows scheduling).

If i run it in SAS EG or SAS DI. Its running fine.

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

It may be a good idea to post the code your running so we can see something.  What I suspect is that your trying to push operating system commands out through your program, e.g. X or sysexec.  You may have privileges to do this within your EG/DI session, however the batch program does not have the permission to run OS commands (quite sensibly to my mind), and hence you get this error.

I would highly advise you not to do OS commands in your program - imagine a scenario where you have to explain why your code failed and proceeded to delete everything on the network.  If you have to unpack a file (only reason I could see for OS) then do that prior using a vb script or something.  Mostly os access is denied.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, just the part of the code (or log) relating to the error.  I still suspect your calling the operating system, which is causing the issue.

kuppusamy
Fluorite | Level 6
I got the solution...Thank you for your response.
patilnileshnava
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, can you please explain how you resolved this issue. Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation