BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Maks
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm not a SAS user but I received sas7bdat files that I would like to convert into text files in order to import them into R. SAS System Viewer seems the right utility, but the download process doesn't work. SAS doesn't seem to accept my profile information. Is there something I forget? Thanks for helping me out.

Maks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LarryWorley
Fluorite | Level 6

Maks,

Do you have a profile established at sas.com?

If not, then you need to click the new user button in the login screen.

If you do, then try re-setting your password or perhaps you are using the wrong e-mail address for your profile.

Else call SAS technical support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JRebo
Calcite | Level 5

Try downloading the SAS Universal Viewer.  It has replaced the SAS System Viewer.

http://support.sas.com/software/products/univiewer/index.html

Maks
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks JRebo. I tried already, but I just can't get further than the login page. It doesn't seem to accept my password.

LarryWorley
Fluorite | Level 6

Maks,

Do you have a profile established at sas.com?

If not, then you need to click the new user button in the login screen.

If you do, then try re-setting your password or perhaps you are using the wrong e-mail address for your profile.

Else call SAS technical support.

Maks
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, I tried them already. Of course I have a SAS profile, if not I couldn't write this to you. I also tried resetting the password but it didn't help.

In the meantime, a friend has converted my files so there is no urgence anymore. I'll try again next time.

Maks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation