BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Elliott
Obsidian | Level 7

I run a daily report, and based on the entries in the report there are different instuctions on what to do.  I wanted to put an instructions sheet in the report to refer to.  How can I do that?

Thanks,

Elliott

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

You can use ODS TEXT to write text to the output destination.

ballardw
Super User

Procs ODSTEXT and or ODSLIST, a bit different than ODS Text, might be a better joice for significant blocks of text. For one thing you can keep data in a data set and use that to generate output. So it may be possible to link data to your report data and customize the instrutions.

Reeza
Super User
So the answer is it depends. There are methods of adding information to various places. If you use HTML maybe it's a tooltip. If it's something else, the options can vary. Basically you need to provide more information if you need more details.
Elliott
Obsidian | Level 7
I am using ods to create an excel report, I wanted to add an additional sheet with instructions on how to work the report.
Reeza
Super User

Add instructions as text to a dataset. Proc Print/Report the dataset to ODS. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation