BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bill_in_Toronto
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi:
In a PDF created by ODS I would like plot symbols and values in tables to link to external files or bookmarks in the same PDF.
Below is a test using a hard-coded link. If this feature works, I will modify the code so the link is based on the value.
The PROC PRINT displays correctly, but clicking on a value does not initiate the link.
The PROC GPLOT ignores the escape character.
Is there a way to do this in 9.1.3?

DATA anno;
SET SUBSET_for_pdf_test;
LENGTH linkval $ 60;
linkval = '0.99 ^S={URL="L:\users\bills\camnet_history.pdf"}';
xsys='2';ysys='2';
x=sample_start_date;y=nh4_ug_2_filters_;text=linkval;OUTPUT;

RUN;
ODS escapechar="^";

ODS PDF style=journal FILE="l:\users\bills\altkeytest.pdf" ;
ODS LISTING close;
PROC PRINT DATA=anno;
var linkval nh4_ug_2_filters_;
RUN;
PROC GPLOT DATA=subset_for_pdf_test;
PLOT nh4_ug_2_filters_ * sample_start_date
/
anno=anno
;

RUN;
QUIT;

ODS PDF CLOSE;
ODS LISTING;
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
SAS/Graph does not support the use of ODS Escapechar. ODS HTML does have a method to describe an HREF attribute to simulate drill-down or linking.
Check out this Tech Support Note on the capability:
http://support.sas.com/faq/035/FAQ03592.html

If you created an HTML file and then distilled the HTML file to be a PDF file (with a 3rd party converter or an Adobe product), I do not know whether PDF would retain the hyperlinks or not. This is a question that is probably best answered by Tech Support.

Good luck!
cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation