BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Smijoss
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone,

I was able to overcome most hurdles but now stuck at this one ..

I tried to use the  Compute before page  Line @001   command but   the Xml file cannot be opened in excel then.

Is it possible to create a multi colour title ?   Also can we create an excel with transparent background using ODS target.excelxp ?

In EG it shows up as :

tmp.JPG

However in excel it shows up as -

tmp2.JPG

Code :

Proc report :

title3 justify=left height=9pt font=Arial bold " Data As-of : " color=blue height=9pt font=Arial italic "&Run_Month.";

title4 justify=left height=9pt font=Arial bold " Report ID  : " color=blue height=9pt font=Arial italic "5400";

title5 justify=left height=9pt font=Arial bold " REGION     : " color=blue height=9pt font=Arial italic "&Reg_name.";

title6 justify=left height=9pt font=Arial bold " LOB        : " color=blue height=9pt font=Arial italic "&LOB.";

title7 justify=left height=9pt font=Arial bold " Report Date: " color=blue height=9pt font=Arial italic "%sysfunc(date(),worddate.)";

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I don't think you need to go down the XML road. If you just switch to using ODS ESCAPECHAR, I think you can do it this way, by putting the bold/italic and color in the style override and the  stuff that's all the same in the TITLE attributes.

Cynthia

ods tagsets.excelxp file='c:\temp\tcolor.xml' style=sasweb

options(embedded_titles='yes');

ods escapechar='^';

Proc report data=sashelp.class(obs=5) nowd;

title1 j=l h=9pt font=Arial  "^{style[fontweight=bold]Data as-of: ^{style[color=blue fontstyle=italic]March 2014}}";

title2 j=l h=9pt font=Arial  "^{style[fontweight=bold]Report ID: ^{style[color=blue fontstyle=italic]5400}}";

title3 j=l h=9pt font=Arial  "^{style[fontweight=bold]REGION: ^{style[color=blue fontstyle=italic]Some Region}}";

title4 j=l h=9pt font=Arial  "^{style[fontweight=bold]LOB: ^{style[color=blue fontstyle=italic]My LOB}}";

title5 j=l h=9pt font=Arial  "^{style[fontweight=bold]Report Date: ^{style[color=blue fontstyle=italic]%sysfunc(date(),worddate.)}}";

column name age height weight;

run;

ods _all_ close;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

You likely have to code this into more xml looking values directly instead of using SAS justify font and color. You can try creating a title in Excel and then save as xml spreadsheet and then find the results in the document. Hint: Don't put lots of data or you may be looking for a long time.

Unless you're doing this often it may be easier to settle for editing in Excel.

This is what I find in the xml when saved from Excel where I made the word "title" blue. the text for the title was "Color this title blue"

<PageSetup>

<Header x:Margin="0.3" x:Data="&amp;CColor this &amp;K0070C0title&amp;K01+000 blue"/>

<Footer x:Margin="0.3"/>

<PageMargins x:Bottom="0.75" x:Left="0.7" x:Right="0.7" x:Top="0.75"/>

</PageSetup>

Smijoss
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Ballardw,

Thank you for the quick response.

Is there a way I can put this xml code in the sas code  so that sas would create it accordingly ?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I don't think you need to go down the XML road. If you just switch to using ODS ESCAPECHAR, I think you can do it this way, by putting the bold/italic and color in the style override and the  stuff that's all the same in the TITLE attributes.

Cynthia

ods tagsets.excelxp file='c:\temp\tcolor.xml' style=sasweb

options(embedded_titles='yes');

ods escapechar='^';

Proc report data=sashelp.class(obs=5) nowd;

title1 j=l h=9pt font=Arial  "^{style[fontweight=bold]Data as-of: ^{style[color=blue fontstyle=italic]March 2014}}";

title2 j=l h=9pt font=Arial  "^{style[fontweight=bold]Report ID: ^{style[color=blue fontstyle=italic]5400}}";

title3 j=l h=9pt font=Arial  "^{style[fontweight=bold]REGION: ^{style[color=blue fontstyle=italic]Some Region}}";

title4 j=l h=9pt font=Arial  "^{style[fontweight=bold]LOB: ^{style[color=blue fontstyle=italic]My LOB}}";

title5 j=l h=9pt font=Arial  "^{style[fontweight=bold]Report Date: ^{style[color=blue fontstyle=italic]%sysfunc(date(),worddate.)}}";

column name age height weight;

run;

ods _all_ close;

Smijoss
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Cynthia !!! You are awesum Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation