BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
schering
Calcite | Level 5
I have a requirement to create tables as a form or object so the end-user cannot modify any of the table values but include any text above or below the table. Using ODS RTF is there any way to create the tables as form? It is also acceptable if the tables are created as bitmap. Please let me know any suggestion to accomplish this. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
David_SAS
SAS Employee
I'm not aware of a way to generate from SAS a non-editable table within an editable document.

-- David Kelley, SAS
JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Maybe you could feed the list output from a table-producing procedure into PROC GSLIDE and create a GIF. It wouldn't be pretty.
FrankPoppe
Quartz | Level 8
If the 'master document' remains the same across different runs you could create the tables in separate files and then create that master with MS Word and insert the files as links.
The master document (or copies of it) can then be edited, but the tables cannot.

If needed it should also be possible to create such a master with SAS and ODS, but that would require you insert the links to the files as raw RTF. A look in such a document created with Word and saved as RTF would give a fairly good idea of that RTF should look like.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation