BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Char
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is an easy way to convert a color I see in - say Word - into SAS - so when I create an RTF document, the color is the same or close to it.  For example, I've been requested to mirror a document that's already created.  When I hover over one of the cells in this pre-existing document - the fill color appears to be aqua - Accent 5 - Lighter 80%.  When I go into SAS and indicate the color to be aqua - it's like Carolina Panther aqua, and I'm not sure how to tweak it to be a closer shade.  This is my code...

proc template;

define style styles.newrtf;

parent=styles.RTF;

replace color_list /

'bgH'= aqua;

end;

run;

OPTIONS NODATE;

ODS LISTING CLOSE;

ods escapechar="#";

ods rtf body="&DIR.\DOC\JH Q&QTR._20&EFFYR. Automated Non Medical Agenda.rtf" style=newrtf;

proc PRINT data=HA&QTR NOOBS;

run;

ods rtf close;

ODS LISTING;

Any direction is appreciated!

Chip

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

You need to get the RGB numbers from the cell:

https://wordribbon.tips.net/T000261_Discovering_the_RGB_Value_of_a_Custom_Text_Color.html

Then you can take these numbers and convert it to a hex value:

http://www.yellowpipe.com/yis/tools/hex-to-rgb/color-converter.php

Then use this hex value in your template.  Is it really worth it though, I mean blue is blue, if its a fraction of a shade less or more makes no odds.  Its sounds like making work for the sake of it.

Char
Obsidian | Level 7

Welp - the converter thing didn't really work for me (result looked white to me) but I did notice at the bottom of the last link you referenced a bunch of color examples at the bottom of the page.  I just used one of those.  Thanks!

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I once used a utility that would tell you the RGB value of pixels in pictures. Used it on screenshots taken with IrfanView to find the exact value of our CD-compliant web background.

Google might find it or a similar one.

art297
Opal | Level 21

When I need to identify a color I usually use the paint program that comes with Windows. I copy and paste the picture or document into paint and then use the dropper icon to add the color to paint's palate. In the palate, the three color settings are there for the desired color.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation