BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nareshgandi
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Team,

when I try to connect to oracle database located at(192.168.9.104) from SAS Management console (Located at 192.168.9.38)

I am getting the error "Application could not logon to server", please find the attachment for error screenshot.

Error Message

Unknown User Name.
The application could not log on to the server "sascompute:8591". The user ID "ARGSRI_FINAL" or the password is incorrect.

I can connect to my database from SQL Prompt (please find the screenshot attached), but cannot connect from Management console.

Please let me know where I am going wrong.

here is my LIBNAME 

LIBNAME LIBREF ORACLE PATH=ARGPHY SCHEMA=ARGSRI_FINAL USER=ARGSRI_FINAL PASSWORD="{sas002}E7459716560D1F38028B623747D2EFA0063235DB" ;

TNSPING

C:\Users\Administrator>tnsping ARGPHY

TNS Ping Utility for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 17-APR-2
018 13:05:53

Copyright (c) 1997, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
D:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\client_1\network\admin\sqlnet.ora

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)
(HOST = 10.10.12.26)(PORT = 1521))) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = ARGPHY)))
OK (20 msec)

C:\Users\Administrator>

where ARGPHY is tns entry name.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

And have you contacted your system administrator?  They would be best placed to sort out these types of things for you.

nareshgandi
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, I  have contacted my system administrator, unfortunately he has no idea where to make any changes.

we felt like we missed something from the configuration end.

My doubt is, is there anywhere that I need to put my location to tnsnames.ora in SAS management console

nareshgandi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

When I try to connect from enterprise guide, I am getting below error

libname LIBREF oracle path="(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.10.12.26)(PORT = 1521))

(CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME=ARGPHY)))" user=ARGSRI_FINAL password=XXXXXXXXXX;

ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE cannot be loaded. ERROR: Image SASORA found but not loadable..
Please make sure Oracle environment is set correctly.
Look in the install/Config doc for additional info for your platform.
Other possible reasons - incomplete Oracle client install, 32/64-bit mismatch between Oracle client & SAS, incorrect Oracle client
version(Oracle client must match the version picked during post-install process), incompatible sasora for your OS or its
attribs don't permit SAS to load it.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statementRegedit.jpg

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation