BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ImPrasad
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Everyone,

Being Data Scientist,One of the prominent challenge is to extract data from server to local machine.Is there any way out to extract data from oracle server more speedy than traditional Data;Set;Run; Process.

Majority data extraction for us are blanket extraction i.e. without applying  any filter.Is there any bulk download process which wont read every line of the data and download all the files in batch mode.

Ragards,

Prasad Devasthali

HDFC Bank

4 REPLIES 4
Ksharp
Super User

Add option   readbuff=100000   into your libname statement will fast your speed .

ImPrasad
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Xia,this option really helped me a lot to reduce TAT.However  I am unable to increase value more than 32000 on my local system against ReadBuff value.My sas version is 9.3 and I am operating it through 32 Bit processor

Ksharp
Super User

Sorry. Maybe you should talk to SAS Support .

OR post your Q at Administrator Forum, there are more experts about DB in there .

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Optimizing run time is decreasing the technical overhead. Read buffers is mostly sufficient There should be no logging and no locking when reading (writing is different).

You local system could be a bottleneck (SSD?)  as is the network transfer rate. Optimizing buffering bufsize aligniofiles could help. SAS/ACCESS(R) 9.2 for Relational Databases: Reference, Fourth Edition Xia give you that one already
Mostly it is adiviced to work "federated" leave data as much as possible at his source, avoiding copies. With mining that is not really possible.
As of Views and other technical stuff in Oracle it could be Oracle is not faster and being the limitation. Ask your oracle DBA for that area.   

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation