BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi All,

I am looking for Base SAS 9.2 sample data set named as EMPINFO and SALARY.

Kindly provide me at : umashankersaini@yahoo.com

looking for kind support.

Regards

Uma Shanker Saini

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

Refer to http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/engimap/61078/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003308922.htm

It states "The sample data sets are typically located in the !sasroot\SASFoundation\9.2\core\sample directory (where !sasroot indicates the directory in which SAS is installed at your location). This example uses the EMPINFO, JOBCODES, and SALARY data sets in that directory."

Does that help?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
umashankersaini
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Looking for these sample datasets for practice of information map studio.

As per documents these could be part of base sas software of 9.2/9.3.

Looking for kind support.

Regards

Uma Shanker Saini

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

Refer to http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/engimap/61078/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003308922.htm

It states "The sample data sets are typically located in the !sasroot\SASFoundation\9.2\core\sample directory (where !sasroot indicates the directory in which SAS is installed at your location). This example uses the EMPINFO, JOBCODES, and SALARY data sets in that directory."

Does that help?

umashankersaini
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Fugue,

Thanks a ton....

it really helps me...

Regards

Uma Shanker Saini

kuridisanjeev
Quartz | Level 8

Generally i will use this way to get SAS sample datsets ...Give a a try like bellow..

Datasets.png

Thanks,

Sanjeev.K

umashankersaini
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for reply...

I tried the way, you have spoken. Default datasets are there but not that specific one, I am looking for.

Regards

Uma Shanker Saini

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Try the installed sample  library

proc datasets library= sampsio ;

run ;

umashankersaini
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Peter,

This really helps. It is the direct way to get the sample datasets.

After this i copied all datasets to permanent library to use in frequent manner :

proc datasets library=source;

copy out=destination;

quit;

Regards

Uma Shanker

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation