BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
analyst_work
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to produce a report in SAS RWI for 10 different hospitals.

I have variables named Patient_1, Patient_2... Patient_n (n is different for each hospital). This is a numeric variable,

In the report, I am trying to create new character variables called Patient_Day_1 , Patient_Day_2 etc. The data should look like this:

Patient_1 Patient_Day_1 Patient_2 Patient_Day_2 Patient_3 Patient_Day_3

0             Day 0                  1             Day 1              4               Day 4

Is there an easy way to do this in RWI?

If not, how can I do this without using RWI?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Depending on the structure of the data, you might be able to do this in PROC PRINT, PROC REPORT or RWI. Was there something about RWI that you needed in particular?

What code have you tried? What does your data structure look like. What does your final report look like? You said you have 10 different hospitals to report on. Were you going to use BY group processing?

What is the final destination of your output? HTML? PDF?

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation