BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chemicalab
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

Any suggestions on how a dendrogram with colours like the one in the link below

Cluster Analysis - The Agglomerative Method in SAS

and under inspect where the dendrogram is plotted can be created? i mean with moving colours as the bar comes along

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: Since that example is posted on a university web site and since the explanation of the dendogram clearly states that the the plot is a SAS plot, perhaps the professor who put the page together and provided ALL the code links on the page can help you with your question. Have you looked at all of the programs to see what code produced the dendogram?

cynthia

chemicalab
Fluorite | Level 6

Well i dont understand much of its background source code, i liked the animation on it how the slider moves and the clusters get coloured, dont know if there is any contact link either

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Since part of the URL is the string "sites.stat.psu.edu/~ajw13/stat505", perhaps the ~ajw13 is pointing to this professor whose PSU.EDU web site (with his contact info) also uses "ajw13": stat.psu.edu/people/ajw13 It seemed to me that the animation was done outside of SAS with a different tool, although the individual dendograms might have been generated from PROC TREE.

Not understanding the background source code is a different issue. For example, his first program uses PROC SORT, PROC CLUSTER, PROC TREE, PROC PRINT and PROC GLM all of which you could look up in the documentation.

cynthia

http://sites.stat.psu.edu/~ajw13/stat505

google_ajw13.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation