BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nussy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi. My company is Using Enterprise Guide version 7.13. I do not appear to have ODS Graphics Designer installed on the network.

I am trying to alter a Kaplan-Meier graph produced by Proc Lifetest (putting a horizontal line in for the median and adding a summary table). I've seen lots of sites that tell you how to alter the template to do those things if you are using SAS 9.3, but I cannot figure out how to call up the default template to alter it in Enterprise Guide. I cannot find anything on this on-line, though SAS touts the ability to alter graphs in Enterprise Guide. Do I need to have ODS Graphics Designer installed to do this or is there another way? SAS is on a secured server that doesn't allow internet access or any Microsoft Office products to be installed, so trying to copy it over and uploading it is not a great option.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

There is an entire documentation chapter on modifying the KM template.  https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/stat/131/kaplan.pdf  While I have no experience in EG, this simply involves running SAS, and should be no different in EG, or DM, ....

WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Or change the release number to get a differnt version.  Here is 14.1 (141) https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/stat/141/kaplan.pdf

Reeza
Super User

@WarrenKuhfeld is correct, there are many chapters and papers dedicated to this topic. You can search lexjansen.com for papers on the topic or even on here. 

There are two consistent approaches: 1) Modify the template, 2) Extract the data and use SGPLOT to create your own graph.

If you can be more specific about your example you can probably get more help here. 

Ideally you can provide data, but if you need fake data you can work with the SASHELP.HEART dataset.

WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thank you for the kind words, but I must disagree. The KM documentation chapter is primarily not about ordinary template modification. That is the only plot where we provide macros and a long series of examples that show how to make changes.  The papers that you will find elsewhere (at least any that I wrote) are obsolete compared to the SAS/STAT documentation.  If anyone finds that the instructions in the KM template modification chapter are inadequate, I would really like to hear the specifics.  It should never be necessary to use SGPLOT or resort to the customary forms of template modification to modify that graph.  We have gone to great lengths to make that true.

Reeza
Super User

@WarrenKuhfeld We'll probably have to agree to disagree. I agree that modifying the templates is well documented, but it's different. More users are familiar with SGPLOT than GTL and PROC TEMPLATE so there will still be some for who it's easier and faster to switch to SGPLOT than to try and figure out PROC TEMPLATE. 

WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Please look at the chapter. I don't think you are getting what I am saying.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation