BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am a bit of a novice at SAS (although picking it up quickly). I have Proc Means statement that calculates statistics for 4 variables. I need to use these variables in a future data step to do additional calculations. How would I do this?

This is my Proc Means Step:

Proc means
data = Update maxdec=4
n mean stddev median;
var Var1
Var2
Var3
Var4;
run;

I need to use the data to determine observations that are >2 standard deviations from the norm.

I thought about doing a data step but I am not sure how to set it up. Thank you.

LauraJ
1 REPLY 1
David_SAS
SAS Employee
Laura,

Use the PROC MEANS OUTPUT statement with the OUT= option. OUT= accepts a data set name.

You can learn more about the OUTPUT statement by browsing the online documenation at http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/docMainpage.jsp . Look for the Base SAS Procedures Guide section.

-- David Kelley, SAS

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation