BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jayvisw11
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am trying to run a query to join two tables in a database using proc fedsql. One of the column names in table1 contains period (column name: event.eventid). While trying to run the query this I am seeing an error that event table is not found in from clause where as the table name is table1. Can anyone help me with resolving this issue? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jayvisw11
Fluorite | Level 6

I tried to run using the name literal too but it didn't work. Finally, typing the column name within ' ' worked for me. Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
Try referencing it using this type of notation:

"event.eventid"n or can you run a proc contents on the file to see how SAS is displaying that name?
jayvisw11
Fluorite | Level 6

I tried to run using the name literal too but it didn't work. Finally, typing the column name within ' ' worked for me. Thank you!

jayvisw11
Fluorite | Level 6
Small correction to my above comment, typing the column name within " " worked for me. Thank you!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation