BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jpraveen25
SAS Employee

We are facing a slowness in listing down the tables from oracle library using both SAS Environment Manager and SAS Visual Analytics (SAS Viya Environment).

We have tried to access oracle library using LIBNAME statement and we were able to access the same but it took quite long time to list all the table after assigning the library (there are nearly 3500 tables).

The Oracle library was created successfully (Customer is licensed for SAS/ACCESS to Oracle), but when we try to check/list the tables from the library, the page from browser is unresponsive (Below screens are unresponsive). It seems like SAS/ACCESS engine

kindly assist me to sort the issue.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

@jpraveen25 wrote:

We are facing a slowness in listing down the tables from oracle library using both SAS Environment Manager and SAS Visual Analytics (SAS Viya Environment).

We have tried to access oracle library using LIBNAME statement and we were able to access the same but it took quite long time to list all the table after assigning the library (there are nearly 3500 tables).

The Oracle library was created successfully (Customer is licensed for SAS/ACCESS to Oracle), but when we try to check/list the tables from the library, the page from browser is unresponsive (Below screens are unresponsive). It seems like SAS/ACCESS engine

kindly assist me to sort the issue.

Can you show the code or describe exactly how you tried to check or list the tables?

I can't help with Viya or Oracle but do know that different approaches often take different amounts of time and someone else with more specific knowledge may find that helpful.

jpraveen25
SAS Employee

Its not about the code, I have created a data library in CAS. But i couldn't view the tables under that schema.

(NOTE: That specific schema has more than 60,000 tables<sixty thousand>).

is it possible that can we see this much table in SAS Using SAS/Access engine?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation