BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rmann
Fluorite | Level 6

hello everyone my name his hermann , i am new on sas and now learning sas base to get the certificate . please i need more orientation on which path to choose , and also how to create a portfolio to put on my resume to get any entry level job . 

any advise will be appreciated . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Well, it depends on your preferences. If you are into statistics and get a good grasp on it, then the free Statistics 1 course will be the best option.

And you need to keep an eye on job offerings. Large companies/organizations that use SAS will usually have segments in their web presence for jobs. Some of those might accept a beginner to train on the job.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rmann
Fluorite | Level 6
I was working in a restaurant and now i just I will taking computer class in data science for the next semester August .I took some basic statistics class in college.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Well, it depends on your preferences. If you are into statistics and get a good grasp on it, then the free Statistics 1 course will be the best option.

And you need to keep an eye on job offerings. Large companies/organizations that use SAS will usually have segments in their web presence for jobs. Some of those might accept a beginner to train on the job.

rmann
Fluorite | Level 6
thank you i will try the free statistic class to see how i like it then i will choose a path . but where the free statistic class can be found please

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation