BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kngu022
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I lost my work on SAS. Could anyone tell me how to recover my work please?

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

What type of "work"? Data sets? Code files? Output? Something else?.

Data that is not stored to a permanent library using one level dataset names are stored in the Work library that will be cleaned up at the end of a SAS session. So those data sets are not going to be available in the next session unless you rebuild them.

If you store the data in permanent library then you need to make sure the Library is available in the following sessions by re-executing the libname statement(s) or having the appropriate methods.

Code files: Where did you save them?

Output: You would likely need to direct that to a specific output location otherwise the default "results" likely are in the work library location and cleaned up when the session ends and needs to be recreated.

If you are working with a server that may introduce a few other complexities related to permissions and server settings.

kngu022
Obsidian | Level 7

It is code file. I already got back to location where I stored it on computer and it is blank. 

ballardw
Super User

You don't mention which environment you are working in.

With the SAS Display Manager (or Base or Foundation different names for the same thing) in a Windows system there is a chance that some of the code may be in your C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\EnhancedEditor folder. A chance. This would depend on the setting of your Autosave frequency and may be missing some of your last changes.

Depending on how you typically "save" your files, a "Save As" may have written to a folder where the last file you opened with the File Open in SAS. So if you opened multiple files during your SAS session you may want to look in those folders as well.

I don't currently work in other environments such as SAS UE or anything using SAS Studio. So can't offer suggestions for those.

kngu022
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Ballardw,

Unfortunately, I am currently using SAS Studio and working on OS environment. But it will be much helpful for other users. Thanks again. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation