BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
linlin87
Quartz | Level 8

Hi SAS Community,

I use proc nlin to fit various models to data.

I want to be able to say for example "if the distribution of square errors has these features, then do ..."

Does proc nlin output the distribution of squared errors as a dataset, or do I have to go back and use the model parameters to manually get the SE distribution?

I am trying make this as efficient as possible as have multiple datasets to process, with each dataset containing ~60,000 rows, and each dataset required  ~1,700 non-linear fits (/calls of proc nlin).

Any tips would much be appreciated!

LinLin Jiang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

How to get the residuals from proc NLIN, and extra considerations for residuals from non-linear models, is explained here.

PG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Please at least provide the Proc NLIN code for one of these runs. We need to see the options you are using. It is a headache to suggest "use option X on the PDQ statement" if you don't have a PDQ statement in your code. It may mean that you need to add a PDQ to get the desired result. (PDQ is generic for SOME statement, not an actual NLIN statement).

It is possible that what you want might appear in different tables based on your options and I am not going to make a lot of guesses.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

How to get the residuals from proc NLIN, and extra considerations for residuals from non-linear models, is explained here.

PG

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation