BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NewUsrStat
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi guys, 

I'm a student and I'm working with SAS Studio. I upload the .xlsx files from my local computer, I run the code and finally I export results. I would like to know if at a certain point data are saved on SAS Server in a certain place in order to allow the tool to run and process the code. 

The SAS Studio engine is not clear to me. 

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

SAS Academics on Demand is a cloud based tool. All data is stored in the cloud and processed in the cloud. This means it does not run on your computer. If your data is confidential, this may break any confidentiality rules around processing it off site. 

Your XLSX files are stored where you uploaded them in Servers Folders Files pane. 

Your code/results/data can saved on the cloud but you need to explicitly tell SAS to do so otherwise they disappear when your session ends.

NewUsrStat
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you very much! So, briefly when the session is closed all data are removed at all unless I ask SAS to save and store them on Cloud. The confidentiality is broken only when the session and work is going on. Is it correct?
Reeza
Super User

Not quite, your uploaded Excel file will have to be manually deleted as well. That file remains online. I can't comment as to SAS's retention policy and backup but it's possible the data is stored somewhere for a while temporarily until the image is restarted/deleted.

If confidentiality is an issue, most academic institutions offer a version of SAS for a low price (<$100) usually that you can install locally. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation