BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
helpme88
Calcite | Level 5
HI All,
really need help here: how to access the data from the database based on information given as below-
hostname: aa
port: bb
servicename: cc
user: dd
password: ee
i can connect using the above information in sqldeveloper.
i want to access these data in SAS workspace.
i have run proc product_status; run;
For SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC ...
   Custom version information: 9.4_M3
No one can assist from the IT/Data team.
Only mentioned:    "You should be using the Oracle ODBC connection pointing the following hostname, port and Service Name."
but how??
1 REPLY 1
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @helpme88 

In order to make connection from SAS to any database you will have to use a libname statement. For the connection to work, you will have to configure a related SAS/Access engine to that database. In your case you have SAS/Access to ODBC installed at your site so you will have to check if the related configuration is also made or not in order to connect to Oracle. If not, you will have to make those changes. Also, just to let you know SAS also has a native SAS/Access interface to Oracle engine.

For setup related to ODBC, you will need to have the ODBC driver manager and the Oracle driver for ODBC installed in your platform. I would suggest you to go through this documentation link to understand more on how it: Introduction to SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC 

Here is a good SAS Communities article on How-to-configure-SAS-ACCESS-Interface-to-ODBC-on-UNIX-Platforms 

Once you have the setup correctly configured you can use a libname statement to make connection to DB and work with data. Link to documentation here for libname statement here .

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation