BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ying2
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am a new user of SAS. 

I got a data like

Prominent wrinkles              wrinkles not prominent                  

Heavy smoker                95                                         55

Light or nonsmoker      103                                        247

Now I want to do a hypothesis test using this data. I am thinking I might should use proc ttest. But I only know how to deal with one numerical like score or something. 

Anyone could help me with the coding? 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Test of what hypothesis? Please be specific.

Please show us the exact SAS data set (or a portion of it).

--
Paige Miller
ying2
Calcite | Level 5
That is all data I got. And the question is" Do these data substantiate an association between wrinkle formation and smoking habit"
Reeza
Super User

You have a 2x2 table, you should likely be using Chi Square tests and PROC FREQ.

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_freq_examples05.htm&docsetVersion...

@ying2 wrote:

Hi,

I am a new user of SAS. 

I got a data like

Prominent wrinkles              wrinkles not prominent                  

Heavy smoker                95                                         55

Light or nonsmoker      103                                        247

Now I want to do a hypothesis test using this data. I am thinking I might should use proc ttest. But I only know how to deal with one numerical like score or something. 

Anyone could help me with the coding? 

Thank you

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
proc freq data=Have;
tables Smoker_Status * Wrinkle_Status / norow nocol chisq;
run;

Use PROC FREQ

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation