BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jerathashutosh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi There,

i have a sas dataset where in one column i have accented character, e.g. "Montréal North". When i export this value to oracle it comes like "Montr� North".

How to fix this?

Thanks.

Ashu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@jerathashutosh wrote:

sorry for the super late reply 😞

I saw that article before and my oracle server is using the AL32UTF8 characterset and our sas server is on LATIN1 characterset.

I tried to change the characterset of my SAS dataset to utf8 and then loading it to oracle, that didn't work either.

Did you try changing the encoding setting for the SAS session (not any individual dataset)? 

The encoding needs to be set at session startup. So either use a different command to launch SAS or if you are using SAS/Studio or Enterprise Guide connect to a different server that is configured to use UTF8.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jerathashutosh
Fluorite | Level 6

I saw that article before and my oracle server is using the AL32UTF8 characterset and our sas server is on LATIN1 characterset.

I tried to change the characterset of my SAS dataset to utf8 and then loading it to oracle, that didn't work either.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@jerathashutosh wrote:

Did you try changing the encoding setting for the SAS session (not any individual dataset)? 

The encoding needs to be set at session startup. So either use a different command to launch SAS or if you are using SAS/Studio or Enterprise Guide connect to a different server that is configured to use UTF8.

jerathashutosh
Fluorite | Level 6

Holy!! I looked at our servers and there is indeed a utf8 server. used that one and it worked!!

Thanks 😄

How to change the encoding setting for the SAS session, just curious?

Regards,

Ashu

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation