BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

is there a maximin number of columns that SAS will export like 256?

I have a table with 257 columns and I am getting this error

ERROR: Error attempting to CREATE a DBMS table. ERROR: Execute: Too many fields defined..
WARNING: File deletion failed for _IMEX_.test.DATA.
ERROR: Export unsuccessful.  See SAS Log for details.

thank you for any assistance.

if there is a maximin number of columns how could I achieve an export with more that is allowed? Smiley LOL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Specifying DBMS = Excel could cause this. Try DBMS = XLSX or XLS if you haven't already. I'm assuming you are using PROC EXPORT. Are you? It would help if you posted your code.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

"if there is a maximin number of columns how could I achieve an export with more that is allowed"

Very good question and i'm fairly certain no

i'm sure you would have had a look at this http://support.sas.com/kb/13/891.html

http://support.sas.com/kb/34/119.html

but i haven't yet, any luck?

Reeza
Super User
How are you exporting your data? I thought that issue disappeared with XLSX...
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

using both xls and xlsx result in the same error.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Specifying DBMS = Excel could cause this. Try DBMS = XLSX or XLS if you haven't already. I'm assuming you are using PROC EXPORT. Are you? It would help if you posted your code.

VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

fixing the DBMS = xlsx and correctly naming the workbook with the extension xlsx works.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation