BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sanjaymane7
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I have excel file of intermediary code who does insurance business and want to give commission as per their business amount, location, product, channel, make and model.

I have already made query for individual intermediary code basis of if condition and it’s working fine.

Now, list is increased by 2000 records and very difficult to right individual query to each intermediary code. I am trying through CATX function which is also not manageable after certain limit as combination is being increased day by day.

I want to learn dynamic query. Please share any demonstration video and inform about it.

Also, sharing an example SAS table for your reference.

IMD_Code

Product

Make

Model

Business

Channel

Commission %

Mumbai

Pune

Pvt

Delhi

Pvt

Maruti

Alto

Delhi

Pvt

Maruti

All

> 100000

Mumbai

Pvt

Motor PC

Mumbai

Tw

Motor TW

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Please provide SAS datasets as data steps with datalines, so we can easily recreate your data in our SAS sessions without doubt about contents and variable attributes.

Please do also supply an example for what you want to get out of that input dataset.

Also show the code you already have.

Reeza
Super User

You want a macro, with specific parameters. You can then drive it from your data set using CALL EXECUTE. 

An example of how to do this is here: https://github.com/statgeek/SAS-Tutorials/blob/master/Turning%20a%20program%20into%20a%20macro.md

Start with your most basic program assuming you'll have the parameters needed and then add in conditional logic to deal with all the different parameter combinations you need. 

Spoiler

@sanjaymane7 wrote:

Hi,

I have excel file of intermediary code who does insurance business and want to give commission as per their business amount, location, product, channel, make and model.

I have already made query for individual intermediary code basis of if condition and it’s working fine.

Now, list is increased by 2000 records and very difficult to right individual query to each intermediary code. I am trying through CATX function which is also not manageable after certain limit as combination is being increased day by day.

I want to learn dynamic query. Please share any demonstration video and inform about it.

Also, sharing an example SAS table for your reference.

IMD_Code

Product

Make

Model

Business

Channel

Commission %

Mumbai

Pune

Pvt

Delhi

Pvt

Maruti

Alto

Delhi

Pvt

Maruti

All

> 100000

Mumbai

Pvt

Motor PC

Mumbai

Tw

Motor TW

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation