BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Lacona
Quartz | Level 8

Hey all,

I have an exel.csv file, which I can't upload in SAS studio.
There are no blanks in between the values and nothing. I tried to upload files I uploaded before and even them are not possible to upload.
I can go and search for the file on my computer, but then it won't show on the upload popup.

Bild 22.09.19 um 14.33.jpg

please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
I'm very much leaning towards you uninstalling SAS UE - delete the VM from Oracle Virtual Box, download it again and install from scratch. Then link it to your old myfolders.

Or contact SAS tech support though I suspect your hours and theirs may not overlap well.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Lacona
Quartz | Level 8

Lab and lab assignment are just the names of the folders in SAS.
Upload to Lab assignment worked recently perfectly fine.
I tried to use my folder/myfolders/lab (folder lab exists, too) now, but didn't work either. 

Lacona
Quartz | Level 8

How can I check that? 
Would be a possibility!

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Delete files you no longer need, and try the upload again.

On the system I administer (AIX), users just log on to the command line and run

quota -u

to see their current status.

Lacona
Quartz | Level 8

I deleted everything and it's not working.
Using MacBook.

quota -u;
run;

is not working either...

Lacona
Quartz | Level 8

... and now SAS Studio hangs up every 10mins...

Lacona
Quartz | Level 8

University Edition on a Mac ...

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you are running SAS University Edition then there is no need to "upload" files.  When you setup the virtual machine that is running SAS you told it what actual folder on your mac should be mapped to the virtual machine.  So just put the file into the folder using any Mac tool you want and you should be able to see it in the SAS/Studio interface and with SAS code.

Reeza
Super User

I think the upload tool has a limit of 10MB. 

However, you can work with files of any size by putting them in the my folders location as indicated by Tom. 

Since  you've possibly messed up your settings, I'd recommend re-installing and re-linking your myfolders location again. 

Restarting your VM can also help - note this is not the same as restarting Oracle Virtual Box, you need to explicitly restart the virtual machine. 

Lacona
Quartz | Level 8

I never have seen any file I put into my folder on my computer in SAS without uploading it into the SAS folder?! And vice versa, never anything I saved in SAS appeared automatically in the folder in my finder.

How can I re-install and re-link the myfolders location? I checked the VM, the pathway for myfolders is correct and it says that there is one shared folder with full access.

Bild 22.09.19 um 21.13.jpg

I off-ed the VM twice, but that was not the solution for my problem.

Reeza
Super User
Perhaps you're not looking in the correct location? It's all stored locally on your computer. Navigate to the myfolders location on your computer. You should see all the files you've uploaded/downloaded there.

If you're on a Mac you should also see any newly created files in your Recent view, assuming you created them recently.

SAS UE doesn't work well with different languages, I've seen several people have errors that were due to language issues.
Lacona
Quartz | Level 8

1. Opened the finder, opened the folder SASUniversityEdition, opened the folder myfolders, all the downloaded and created .csv files are there, including the new file tuition.csv
2. Opened SAS, opened datasets and files, opened myfolders, not one of the .csv files is there

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation