BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DWhite
Obsidian | Level 7

I am not quite sure how this was attributed to Cynthia_sas, but that is dwhite's comment "This course supports SAS Certification."

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: Thanks for the clarification!

There are 2 classes that prepare students for the Base SAS Programmer Certification. Those classes are: Programming 1 and Programming 2. We have various "versions" of these classes. We have 1) the regular e-learning courses that we offer on our web site and in our classrooms and Live Web sessions. We have a 2) specially edited version of these courses that we offer to High School teachers for AP/STEM classes. We have 3) specially edited versions of the courses that we offer to University Professors/Instructors who might want to use some or all of our material in their classes. We have 4) specially customized versions of the courses that may use specific data for a private company class.

When we deliver the zip file with programs and instructions for the "regular" (#1) Programming 1 and Programming 2 classes, we use a zip file that is tailored to how a student will be practicing -- either on their local copy of SAS or on one of the free versions of SAS. All of these zip files and programs have been tested and work well, as you can see from the video link I posted.

For any of the other versions, #2, #3, and #4, it is hard to guess how the data creation programs might have been changed for the specialty version. Since I work extensively with all the forms of the #1 way to deliver the course data via a program, that is why I guessed that your instructor was using programs obtained through one of our Academic Trainer's Kits that may have some kind of problem.

I still think that the fastest way for you to start working with Programming 1 material while you wait for your instructor to resolve the issue (which will NOT be resolved here) -- is for you to activate the free e-learning version of Programming 1 and follow the instructions inside the free Programming 1 course to make the data, as we intended for the e-learning course. My guess is that your instructor is not using ALL the course data files and may have edited the data creation program or else someone sent him an edited program that doesn't work.

The zip file and instructions that are inside the e-learning version of Programming 1 may create more data than you need, but the programs that are inside the e-learning version of Programming 1 all work as they should.

I wish I could be of more help, here, but unfortunately, your instructor will have to resolve this issue and in the meantime, your alternative is to use the free version of Programming 1 to accomplish some of the work.

Cynthia

DWhite
Obsidian | Level 7

Please do not jump to conclusions. I am working with very limited information here.

Reeza
Super User

@DWhite wrote:

Please do not jump to conclusions. I am working with very limited information here.

I'm trying to warn you that what you're doing may violate copyright act and University regulations. What you choose to do beyond that is your choice.

EDIT: if it's all legitimate usage or that's not an issue your quickest route to resolve this is to talk directly to SAS, this is a user community forum so those are the response you'll get. 

DWhite
Obsidian | Level 7

Duly Noted.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 in conversation