BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasuser1031
Calcite | Level 5

I keep getting this error. I am not sure how to fix this.

ERROR:  Windows error code: 59 in hc_normal_write for I:\......sas7bdat.lck, An unexpected network error occurred.

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The error is exactly as you have described: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/debug/system-error-codes--0-499-

I suggest you report this to your IT support folks as this is not a SAS problem and could be caused by a variety of different problems including network outages, slow networks, server issues and so on. Checking your PC's event log might provide more information.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

For reasons of performance and data safety, I recommend to not use network shares for datasets directly from SAS. Use local disks or SAN storage while doing SAS work. When finished, make copies to network locations, if you need those for sharing of data or backup purposes.

dataops
Fluorite | Level 6

Reboot the server and see if the problem persists. If you're running this in VMWare Image, ask VM Admin to restart the virtual machine.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation