BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
houd
Calcite | Level 5

Please see the data sets: how to arrange the data table and analyze the results to determine the differences for the treatments. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@houd wrote:

Thanks for your efforts trying to have a solution. However, I think there is a simple way to provide a statistically significant answer that is why I am asking here since I did not know how.

And I think that a repeated measures analysis is the exact method to use, and I don't believe there is a simpler method.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Please provide the data following these instructions: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat...

Many of us will not download Microsoft Office attachments, as they are security threats.

Also, please take a few minutes and describe the problem in detail, and provide any necessary context.

--
Paige Miller
houd
Calcite | Level 5

This data table shows a study of cell growth in 8 flasks; each flask received a different treatment, 8 treatments total; from each treatment, monitoring the progress of three parameters VDC, VIA and mAb over continuous 14 days; there are three different parameters to represent how well or how bad the cell grew due to these treatments; VCD1 to VCD8, VIA1 to VIA8 and mAb1 to mAb8 were not repeats for each measurement, they came out of 8 different treatments.

What is the proper way to analyze the data sets and compare the results: 8 treatments, three sets of parameters progressed along certain time frame. Thanks in advance!

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

This sounds like a repeated measures analysis, with three different measures and 8 treatments. Here's a simple example:

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_mixed_examples02.htm&docsetVersio...

--
Paige Miller
houd
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your efforts trying to have a solution. However, I think there is a simple way to provide a statistically significant answer that is why I am asking here since I did not know how.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@houd wrote:

And I think that a repeated measures analysis is the exact method to use, and I don't believe there is a simpler method.

--
Paige Miller
houd
Calcite | Level 5

This data table shows a study of cell growth in 8 flasks; each flask received a different treatment, 8 treatments total; from each treatment, monitoring the progress of three parameters VDC, VIA and mAb over continuous 14 days; there are three different parameters to represent how well or how bad the cell grew due to these treatments; VCD1 to VCD8, VIA1 to VIA8 and mAb1 to mAb8 were not repeats for each measurement, they came out of 8 different treatments.

What is the proper way to analyze the data sets and compare the results: 8 treatments, three sets of parameters progressed along certain time frame. Thanks in advance!

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I answered your ealier by saying you should use Repeated Measures Analysis

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Statistical-Procedures/What-is-the-proper-way-to-analyze-the-data-set...

Did that not seem like the right answer? Can you explain?

--
Paige Miller
houd
Calcite | Level 5

What is the proper way to analyze the data regression sets and compare the results: 8 treatments, three sets of parameters progressed along certain time frame. Thanks in advance!

Reeza
Super User

I’ll be marking these as spam since you keep posting the same question, and don’t respond to questions or answer which makes it seem like this account is a bot.

houd
Calcite | Level 5

What did you mean?

houd
Calcite | Level 5
Nice try if you could have a solution.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation