BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BISTGP
Fluorite | Level 6
I have a large set of candidate predictors that could be selected for a logistic regession model. However the data has a nested structure with individuals nested within institutions. In a regression analsis GEE methods or a random intercept could be used to deal with the nesting. However I am not sure how best to do variable selection here. Ignoring the nesting is the simple solution, but is there a better idea?
2 REPLIES 2
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

An interesting exercise would be to do variable selection within each institution... if you have enough data... and try to reach some concensus among the variety of models that come out.

PG
BISTGP
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for the suggestion.  This occurred to me too but while there are nearly 500 facilities, the median sample size per facility is 150 and an average prevalence of about 10%.  My intuition is that except for a handful of the largest facilities the sample size isn't really large enough to support variable selection methods, but might be worth a try. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation