BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alramjoh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I just created a code for class. My assignment says I need to upload a .sas file to submit the assignment. I am not allowed to upload the code via microsoft, notepad, etc. How do I download a .sas file and upload it into a website? 

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

A sas program file is just a text file.  You should be able to upload it the same way you would upload any text file.

Reeza
Super User
I'm assuming you're using SAS On Demand for Academics?

If so, then save your program in the system, making sure to note where you save it in the Servers Files and Folders pane. To save a program, click the floppy disk icon and save. It's a GUI so should be straightforward. Then go to the Servers Folders and Files pane in Studio. Find the program file and right click it. Then download the file.

If for some reason you cannot get that to work, copy the program to NotePad, save it but change the extension to .sas (from .txt) and upload that. It will be almost identical (Windows versus Unix file) but I doubt your prof will catch that.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation