BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dawa93
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am unable to upload data on SAS due to its large file size. Can we split the unzip file into 2 parts, then upload on SAS and combine the split files in SAS. Will I be able to reproduce data without error? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Are you talking about uploading to SAS Studio or SAS On Demand for Academics, or somewhere else?

SAS On Demand for Academics does have size limits restricting how big the files can be. (I don't know what those restrictions are)

--
Paige Miller
Dawa93
Fluorite | Level 6
I am using SAS on Demand for Academics
Reeza
Super User
You can also store the file in a public location (ie dropbox) and 'download' it into Studio via PROC HTTP.

You can zip it and upload a zipped file and unzip it on the cloud.

You can split the file locally and upload in parts and then combine (assuming it's not a SAS7BDAT file) and is a text file.

Dawa93
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation