BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAS_L
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Experts,

My client is looking out to migrate from SAS on-premise to SAS Viya-cloud. I am looking out for guidance on what all steps are involved in the entire process. Any reference materials are of great help.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@SAS_L - The Migration Focus Area is a good place to start: http://support.sas.com/rnd/migration/

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @SAS_L 

Is the on-premise SAS platform on Viya as well? If not, there will be a lot of things that you will have to be considered during migration (data and content) based on the products you are licensed as the architecture and the way SAS 9 & Viya platform works is quite different. This SGF paper is good read for Planning for Migration from SAS® 9.4 to SAS® Viya®. Also, for SAS Viya I don't think we have any migration guide like 9.4 so it will be self research. you can also engage services from SAS to advise on the requirements you have.

If you are upgrading Viya on premise from lower version (3.3, 3.4) to latest 3.5, you will have to see on what tools customer has in order to replicate the on-premise environment to cloud and then there are few steps listed in the deployment guide to upgrade. If not, the only way would be to install a new environment on cloud and plan to move content and data to this new environment.

SAS_L
Fluorite | Level 6
I am looking for migration steps and process to follow from sas 9.4 M3 To sas 9.4 M6
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

In your first post you had mentioned SAS Viya. Anyway to migrate to a latest SAS 9.X version, there are two ways.

1) Automated way using the SAS Migration utility. you can create migration packages from your old environment and use it while Install/Configure the new SAS version. you can refer the SAS Migration Guide to plan. This method has few limitations like you need to have the same architecture and same OS family.

2) Use the partial promotion method. Install/Configure the new SAS version and then promote that content using the SAS Import/Export batch tools.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation