BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sasgiaz
Quartz | Level 8

Hello, does anyone happen to know the syntax to check signification of trend in time series regression?

I know the syntax Y=Time/influence but got confused interpreting the output. Please help, thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

The estimate for the Time effect is the size of the trend (in the same units as Time, i.e. if Time is in hours,, the estimate is of change in Y per hour). The pvalue for the Time effect is the statistical significance of the trend.

PG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

The estimate for the Time effect is the size of the trend (in the same units as Time, i.e. if Time is in hours,, the estimate is of change in Y per hour). The pvalue for the Time effect is the statistical significance of the trend.

PG
sasgiaz
Quartz | Level 8

Thankyou for spending your time to answer my question..but I want to make it clear..

I attach the screenshot for output in SAS.

By reading your answer, is it true that based on the output, the p-value of 'waktu' (waktu = time) is valued more than alpha, then it can be concluded that the trend data is not significant, and the model should not be using trend?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, thank you so much.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Correct. A p-value of 0.66 denotes a non significant effect, i.e. it has no predictive value. 

PG
sasgiaz
Quartz | Level 8
Ok thank you!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation