BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AndreaLovdel
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am very new to SAS EG, and I am slowly working my way through the essentials training. However, I came across the Tasks tool and I saw that you can create graphs and plots of data you already have, including it giving you the code it used to create those. I am no big coder, so I am wondering if I already have SAS data, and I want to visualise different tables and look at certain specific data from each table, and see where there could be mistakes in my data, and clean that up, would I be ok to only use the Tasks tool? I also tried to search for a more in depth tutorial or workshop on what each category in Tasks is good for, and how I could utilise it in the best possible way for me and my data, but didn't find anything specific For ex, I will never need to analyse my data. My primary aim is to try and visualise it in nicer tables, but most importantly in graphs/plots to avoid looking at the raw data of numbers after numbers. Also, since it gives you the code, I would ofc be interested to learn how to do it all myself, but atm, I would very much like to get started on how to do it more automatically. 

I also came across the Query Builder, which seems very useful. 

So any advice on how to use the Tasks tool and Query Builder to easily visualise my data, would be much appreciated. Also, if you are aware of any good links to tutorial, training, workshop etc for the Tasks and/or Query Builder, especially for a Data Manager role like me, please do send it my way 🙂

Many thanks,

Andrea  

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
I would highly recommend working through this tutorial or an EG specific course that will teach you all of this.

This is a free tutorial that's older so don't expect it to match exactly but should get you started
https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/guide/tut42/en/menu.htm

This book is also great and inexpensive as training goes
https://www.amazon.ca/Little-SAS-Book-Enterprise-Guide/dp/1599947269

I'd say the GUI can you 90% of the way there for most things.
AndreaLovdel
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

Thanks for your suggestions. I will continue to go through the training, but it seems like it's less focussed on the Tasks, and more doing this manually. Thank you for the links, I will check them out! 🙂 

Reeza
Super User
Programming isn't manual, GUI is manual 😄

Try replicating your work when you need to change one report via GUI versus programming.
AndreaLovdel
Calcite | Level 5
Okay I shall try that. I did say I’m a beginning 😂 I’ll continue with the training and hopefully it’ll make more sense later

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation