BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ihsan-Mahdi
Quartz | Level 8

Hello. I'm using the Link King to link two data sets together. When importing my matching set I keep getting a warning that I have over 35 K records with missing date of birth values, which is not the case! My date of birth variable is a string formatted as YYYYMMDD. Anyone knows why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Not familiar with "The Link King".

This however " date of birth variable is a string formatted as YYYYMMDD" is something to consider. If the program wants actual date values then perhaps you need to take a pass through the data to make sure the strings are converted to SAS date values.

By any chance does the "35 K records with missing date of birth values" correspond with how many records you have in the set, i.e. about 35 K total records?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Not familiar with "The Link King".

This however " date of birth variable is a string formatted as YYYYMMDD" is something to consider. If the program wants actual date values then perhaps you need to take a pass through the data to make sure the strings are converted to SAS date values.

By any chance does the "35 K records with missing date of birth values" correspond with how many records you have in the set, i.e. about 35 K total records?

Ihsan-Mahdi
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you so much for responding. I created a new numeric date of birth variable and formatted it YYMMDD10. and it worked! You are right, using a string DOB variable probably wasn't the best option.

I'm very grateful for this community, you guys are awesome:)

Ihsan-Mahdi
Quartz | Level 8
To answer your question, No, my total records are close to 1 M.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation