BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
luthe
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,  is there any approach to get SAS EG submitting code from the clipboard, similarly to GSUBMIT BUFFER=DEFAULT in DMS? E.g. a certain task, addin, or anyhow?

Thank you in advance

SAS EG 7.15, Citrix receiver 4.9, Windows 2012 R2, SAS 9.3_M2, workspace server, metadata server 9300, Sun, JRE 1.6.0_24

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@luthe wrote:

Hello,  is there any approach to get SAS EG submitting code from the clipboard, similarly to GSUBMIT BUFFER=DEFAULT in DMS? E.g. a certain task, addin, or anyhow?

Thank you in advance

SAS EG 7.15, Citrix receiver 4.9, Windows 2012 R2, SAS 9.3_M2, workspace server, metadata server 9300, Sun, JRE 1.6.0_24

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Not that I know of. Code needs to be in a code node to be submitted from there.

luthe
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Kurt, Thanks for your welcome; and for your quick answer;

Could the code node somehow be reached otherwise, or could the workspace server be reached somehow directly? So, in a way to roundabout that node for submitting, but the results are fed back to that SAS EG session?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I could imagine that one could write a .NET application that uses the IOM bridge to start a workspace server and automatically submits code that is pasted into it.

I haven't yet dug deep enough into the keyboard macros of the enhanced editor to know if one could program a insert - submit sequence there.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation