BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wing2wang
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

I am running through the Setup Instructions for SAS Enterprise Guide to complete the Essentials Course. _1egpg194 runs fine with no issues but the second program _2egpg194 returns various repeating errors:

ERROR: The XLSX engine cannot be found.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
WARNING: Libref XL is not assigned.
ERROR: Libref XL is not assigned.

I have run some code to see my current version of SAS etc:

Current version: 9.04.01M4P110916

Product expiration dates:

---Base SAS Software 29FEB2020 
---SAS/STAT 29FEB2020 
---SAS/GRAPH 29FEB2020 
---SAS/Secure 168-bit 29FEB2020 
---SAS/Secure Windows 29FEB2020 
---SAS Enterprise Guide 29FEB2020 
---SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC 29FEB2020 
---SAS Workspace Server for Local Access 29FEB2020 
---High Performance Suite 29FEB2020

As far as I can see, I have the most updated version of SAS Enterprise Guide so that shouldn't be causing any errors. Does anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
I believe you can import files via the GUI or ODBC if really needed but definitely not a straightforward process.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Although you could import files the issue with Programming 1 is that students need to have the XLSX Libname engine available to make the data for class. And, many of the practices and demos in the class use the XLSX engine. This engine was production in a later version of SAS. So, if the student does not have the ability to use the XLSX engine at work, they may want to consider getting SAS University Edition or SAS OnDemand for Academics so they can work with the class practices.

There are some other postings in the Programming 1 forum, that are related to this and we've posted some links there about this error message.

Cynthia

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation