BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ycenycute
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using SAS EM 15.2. I create a new project and the project is saved in a folder on my desktop. After I finish my work, I just close the SAS EM. My understanding is that every operation will be automatically saved in the folder. 

But then I found that some operations were lost the next time I opened the project. Any idea why is this happening? Am I doing the right thing? I am working on a Windows 10 system.

11 REPLIES 11
ballardw
Super User

Are you using data stored in the WORK library? SAS typically clears the contents of the Work library when closing the session. If you need data to persist across SAS sessions then you need to place all of your data in to a permanent library and make sure the library is available in any new sessions.

If this is not related to data then you may need to provide more details of exactly what is "lost".

ycenycute
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for your reply. I don't think it is related to the data. I created a diagram in the SAS EM. I added several nodes in the diagram, like the data node, the filter node, and the drop node. Then the nex time I open my project in SAS EM, somtimes the diagram disappers, and sometimes some nodes, like filter node and drop node, disapper.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This sounds like a problem for SAS Tech Support. EM Project diagrams shouldn't partially disappear.

ycenycute
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there a way I can report an issue to SAS Tech Support?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Here is the link: https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/submit-a-support-request.html

The user profile you have for the SAS Communities can be used to open the track.

Reeza
Super User

@ycenycute wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I don't think it is related to the data. I created a diagram in the SAS EM. I added several nodes in the diagram, like the data node, the filter node, and the drop node. Then the nex time I open my project in SAS EM, somtimes the diagram disappers, and sometimes some nodes, like filter node and drop node, disapper.

Your assumption about not needing to save is correct according to the documentation, so SAS Tech Support is your best bet from here.

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/emref/15.2/p1g72ovdv9o5h9n1nvhx6ot6k8kk.htm#n02n6gjg13k9m9n1ugm...

Saving a Project Diagram

You do not need to save your project diagrams. Changes that you make to your process flows and nodes are saved automatically.
ballardw
Super User

Long shot of a possible cause depending on the time between when you saved the project and reopened it: Some one restored an older version. How much time elapsed between use/change and reopen?

I had a similar issue with a completely different program that had disappearing changes because our IT staff did a force restore that overwrote newer files.

ycenycute
Obsidian | Level 7

Roughly one week. But I actually saved the folder to Google Drive. So everything should not be lost I assume? I downloaded the folder from Google Drive and opened the project in SAS, then I found something was missing. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What happens if you don't use Google Drive. Do you still have problems?

ycenycute
Obsidian | Level 7

I will check first before I upload the folder to the cloud storage. Thanks.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@ycenycute wrote:

Roughly one week. But I actually saved the folder to Google Drive. So everything should not be lost I assume? I downloaded the folder from Google Drive and opened the project in SAS, then I found something was missing. 

So you copied some old version from cloud storage and are surprised that you lost the changes?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation