BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cy_th
Fluorite | Level 6

I am complete beginner to SAS. I am preparing to give the base certification exam. What would be the best way to proceed? I have 2 months time. At present I am going through 'Learning SAS by example' and a udemy course.

Also, I am finding some topics like creating formats and labels confusing. What kind of questions can we expect from such portions?

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
1. Coursera has a free course and there's a free sas e-learning course but they're the same

2. Get the certification prep guide.

Are you trying to get certified or learn SAS? Those are two different things. If you're trying to learn, a good way is to try and answer questions here. Many are basic and you should be able to answer to be certified.
cy_th
Fluorite | Level 6

My main aim is to learn it. I would also like to get certified. I have some business analytics courses at my university and I wanted to learn SAS and use it for predictive modelling. But since I am completely new I thought it would be better to start from the basics first.

Would'nt you need to know the concepts thoroughly to get certified?

Reeza
Super User
Certifications are tailored to learning to pass an exam, not how to solve the daily problems you'll be having. For example, if you always are connecting to a data base why spend a lot of time learning to read text files? Or if a lot of your analysis is basic reporting, learning proc means, freq, report and tabulate are more important than other procedures may be.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation