BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
menon
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am from the healthcare field. Have taken the SAS programming course l & ll.Planning to take the SAS base certification exam for the first time ,any tips on how to prepare for it.I have already gone through the Base SAS certification guide, solved chapter quizzes and scenarios, gone through the videos for programming l & ll again.Would greatly appreciate if someone can guide as to what more to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ed_sas_member
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @menon 

In addition to your preparation, you could take the practice exam (free), which reflects the kind of programming scenarios and quizzes you will have. Try to take it in ‘realistic’ conditions: time-limited, no copy-paste, etc. It will be a good way to familiarize yourself with the real exam and help you manage your stress in order to feel more confident.

You can also check the video on SAS website that present the exam interface and give some tips to properly do the set up (foreign keyboard, etc.)

Good luck for the exam 🤞

Best,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ed_sas_member
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @menon 

In addition to your preparation, you could take the practice exam (free), which reflects the kind of programming scenarios and quizzes you will have. Try to take it in ‘realistic’ conditions: time-limited, no copy-paste, etc. It will be a good way to familiarize yourself with the real exam and help you manage your stress in order to feel more confident.

You can also check the video on SAS website that present the exam interface and give some tips to properly do the set up (foreign keyboard, etc.)

Good luck for the exam 🤞

Best,

menon
Fluorite | Level 6
I did take the practice exam twice.But did not in very realistic conditions.Thanks for your advice.Much appreciated.
Reeza
Super User

The SAS certification guide is my recommendation. It's a good overview of the materials you need. Assuming you use SAS at work you should be fine. 

https://github.com/statgeek/SAS-Tutorials/blob/master/Base_Certification_Resource_Guide.md

@menon wrote:

Hi,

I am from the healthcare field. Have taken the SAS programming course l & ll.Planning to take the SAS base certification exam for the first time ,any tips on how to prepare for it.I have already gone through the Base SAS certification guide, solved chapter quizzes and scenarios, gone through the videos for programming l & ll again.Would greatly appreciate if someone can guide as to what more to do.

menon
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for your reply.I have been continuing to review the certification guide.I have never used SAS or any computer language before as I am an occupational therapist working directly with patient care so this is all very new to me.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation