BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sash_UC
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I've been tasked with researching SAS as a Decision Support System, and I've come to learn that SAS offers so many products to develop a comprehensive DSS.

Now this research isn't supposed to be highly technical in understanding the complete ins and outs of each SAS product. So i'm here to ask if anyone has an example of a solution for a DSS using SAS Products?

So far I've come up with:

Base SAS
SAS Studio
SAS Access

SAS Visual Analytics

SAS Studio

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track of how to use SAS products to create a DSS, and was hoping to be lead in the right direction.

Many Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The term Decision Support System is so general and could refer to any system that does reporting and analytics for managers to then act on. Any answers will be similarly general and not useful.

What are your company's requirements for a DSS? What aspect of their business do they want it for? What functionality do they want?

Without more details of your requirements then we can't provide any useful answers.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation