BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LorenaPalacios
Calcite | Level 5

Hello.

I need to make this line chart in sas VA. which type of chart is the best option and how to configure it.?

Thanks! 

example_chart.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Since your x axis is using time I would suggest a Time Series Plot. Try setting it up yourself - go to the Roles tab of the report object to assign your variables.

LorenaPalacios
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks but the problem is when I select a two-axis graphic. it does not allow me to assign more than one variable in each axis and I must graph two in one axis and another. any suggestion? thank you very much

SteveMellgren
SAS Employee

Try building a custom graph.  A combination of of 2 line graphs.  When you define it, make sure the roles for the left Y axis is set to "allow multiple data assignments", while the right Y axis does not need that (in your example).  

If you haven't created a custom graph before, it is essentially a way to "mash up" multiple objects into a single object.  Once created you would use that new custom graph object in your report.  Search your user guide for graph builder to see example of how to create.

LorenaPalacios
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much, but I can not do it
I was reading SAS documentation to create a custom graphic and I can not do it, when I sabe a graphic do not have the option, it only allows me to sabe reports and not graphics. Is there any step by step to be able to perform this task? thank you again
SteveMellgren
SAS Employee

what version of SAS VA are  you using?

SteveMellgren
SAS Employee

Using the graph builder is a multi-step process.  The following is based on VA 8.3, but other versions should be similar 

1)  create your custom graph

* in your example drag in the line chart object twice

* the first line chart object

* will have a option for a left Y axis  

* will edit the role for that line chart response (measure) to allow multiple data assignments

* the second line chart object overlays the first (one on top of the other)

* have an option for the right Y axis

* SAVE your new graph object with a unique name

2) Create a new report

* import the custom graph object

* after the import, your new graph object will be in the list with all the standard graph objects

* drag the new object into your report

* add your category and measures

* SAVE your report

Note - Graph builder is available in VA 7.x, VA 8.2 and VA 8.3.  It is not available in VA 8.1. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation